No other venue in the United States has accomplished the transformation that McCormick Place has gone through in the past year and a half. New Chicago laws, along with improved processes at McCormick Place, make it easier than ever for exhibitors to participate in shows like GlobalShop.
New Exhibitor Rights…
- Exhibitor personnel may - perform many functions on the exhibition floor, with no limit to booth size, as long as they are full-time employees of the exhibiting company.
- Exhibitors may - set-up and dismantle exhibits with the use of exhibitor-owned tools, i.e. ladders, hand tools, cordless tools, and power tools.
- Exhibitor may - assemble and disassemble materials, machinery or equipment with the use of exhibitor-owned tools, i.e. ladders, hand tools, cordless tools and power tools.
- Exhibitors may perform the - skidding, positioning and re-skidding all exhibitor material, machinery and equipment using non-motorized hand trucks and dollies.
- Flexible Straight Time Labor Rates -Monday through Friday for any consecutive 8 hour period during the hours of 6:00 am and 10:00 pm (except carpenters/display labor). After any consecutive 8 hour period, time and one half (overtime) is applicable.
- Crew Sizes - Crew sizes for any task or operation shall NOT exceed two (2) persons unless, after consultation with the Advisory Council, the Authority determines otherwise based on the task, skills and training required to perform the task and on safety. This includes - Hanging signs and In-Booth forklift labor.
- Move out Labor on Show Closing Day - Monday through Friday, first 8 hours up to 10:00 pm is Straight Time (except for Carpenters).
- Electrical – Exhibitor is allowed to deliver, set-up, plug in, interconnect and operate exhibitor-owned electrical equipment is now allowed to be done by the exhibitor.
- Use of Privately owned vehicles (POV) means the vehicles owned by show exhibitors or event organizers, excluding commercially registered trucks, vans and other vehicles as determined by the Authority (i.e. auto’s, SUV’s, mini-vans, pick-up truck). Trailers NOT allowed.
The Authority shall designate areas, in its discretion, where exhibitors may unload and load exhibitor materials from privately owned vehicles (POV) with the use of non-motorized hand trucks and dollies.
- Reduced Food Prices… 10% catering, 20% concessions
- Free Wi-Fi - provided throughout McCormick Place including Exhibit Hall.
For more information:
Chicago Mayor Emanuel Announces New Union Agreement Between McCormick Place, Navy Pier, IBEW and IATSE
Questions regarding how this will affect your GlobalShop experience? Contact your account representative for more information.
Companies A-F, #
Dreama McDaniel, Account Executive
David Muirhead, Senior Account Executive
Roarke Dowd, Senior Account Executive
GlobalShop Show Director